Cummins is looking for a 5 rotation co-op student starting in Fall 2022. Students can apply for the opportunity in the Office of Professional Practices database.
The SEP Co-Op position is within the Manufacturing function, and is a part of a 5-rotation program. It is called the SEP (Seymour Engine Plant) Program, and it is designed to help students gain knowledge and experience in different areas of the Supply Chain/Manufacturing process. The first session will be starting in the fall of 2022, so we are looking for individuals who are available to work on-site, at our plant in Seymour, Indiana. After the first session will come 3 more sessions in Seymour, followed by the last session in which location is TBD.
*Please note that this rotational program is looking for someone who can fully commit to all of the 5 rotations taking place:
- 1st rotation: Summer 2022 (Operations)
- 2nd rotation: Spring 2023 (Quality)
- 3rd rotation: Fall 2023 (HR, Finance, Materials & Safety)
- 4th rotation: Summer 2024 (Manufacturing Engineering)
- 5th rotation: Spring 2025 (Power Systems Business Unit rotation)
This individual will:
- Contribute to the planning, designing, purchasing, and implementation of changes to the manufacturing equipment and systems while contributing to teams.
- Assist with the work for specific projects to create and implement all aspects of a manufacturing processes to ensure safety requirements, manufacturing goals, business goals, and product specifications are met.
- Contribute by applying the knowledge or use of manufacturing principles and practices to improve manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Assist with the development of manufacturing standards and working methods by using continuous improvement tools.
- Work with internal and external resources on specific project assignments.
- Learn the knowledge of manufacturing principles and practices as they are applied to Cummins.
ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship
ExxonMobil Corporation, the largest publicly traded international energy company, has partnered with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) to create fellowship opportunities in the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) for Hispanic college students. Through HHF’s Latinos On Fast Track (LOFT) program, ExxonMobil seeks to nurture motivated college students across the country, with a passion for Engineering and Science.
Selected students will be exposed to a top-quality company by participating in this signature mentoring program. Each student will be paired up with an ExxonMobil professional to learn how their knowledge and skills are applied in a corporate setting.
The Fellowship consists of five 1-hour meetings with a mentor (virtual or in person), participation in the Harvard-certified ExxonMobil mentee program (on-line), an exclusive curriculum to introduce Fellows to ExxonMobil and career opportunities, and a $1,000 educational grant. In addition, there exists the possibility to interview for ExxonMobil positions (internships/full-time) upon successful completion of the Fellowship.
This opportunity is highly competitive and open to rising sophomores, juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students attending a 4-year college or university.
Fellowship applicants with the following majors will be given priority:
· Civil Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Computer Engineering
· Electrical Engineering
· Material Science and Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering
Applicants with these majors will be considered also: Chemistry, Computer Science Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Petroleum Engineering, and Physics.
· Must plan to pursue a career in the fields/majors listed above
· Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired).
If you have questions please contact Julian@hispanicheritage.org. Please use “ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship” in the subject line.
The 2022 ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship Application will close May 15, 2022, @11:59 p.m EDT.
This opportunity available through the LOFT program are for Hispanic students. Others interested should contact the company’s website directly.