PFSB’s recruitment timeline is coming up and we ask that you’d be willing to distribute the following information through your channels and to students that would be a good fit. We are looking to bring current Freshmen and Sophomores into our organization:
- We will be having a callout meeting on March 10th in WALC 1121 at 7 PM ET.
- “Experience PFSB” Night on Wednesday, March 9th at 7 PM in Dauch Alumni Center (RSVP here). During this event, attendees will learn more about private giving, PFSB’s impact on campus, and connect with our members.
- Applications for PFSB open on March 7th and will be found on our BoilerLink page under the “Forms” header; you can access the application once logging into BoilerLink. Applications will close at 11:59pm on Sunday March 20th.
BGR Team Leader Description:
The Team Leader position is an entry-level, volunteer leadership role that supports the mission and vision of Boiler Gold Rush (BGR) and Boiler Gold Rush International (BGRi), Orientation Programs, the Student Success Programs department, and Purdue University. Team Leaders work to create an inclusive environment that enhances the growth and development of new students. Our mission in Orientation is to introduce and connect all new undergraduate students to Purdue University through student and staff led academic and social programming, both on campus and virtual, in order to prepare them for their Purdue experience.
All Team Leaders are responsible for actively participating in Team Leader trainings, events, and programs throughout the academic year as well as providing support to new students during the week of Boiler Gold Rush and Boiler Gold Rush International.
BGR Team Leader Requirements:
· You must be an undergraduate student at Purdue with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA that you maintain throughout the experience.
· You must be enrolled as a full-time student during the Spring semester.
If you are selected for the Team Leader position, you will be required to:
· Attend the Team Leader Retreat in April 2022
· Return to campus for and actively participate in Boiler Gold Rush 2022 (specific return dates will be shared at a later date)
· Participate in monthly Team Leader Trainings, beginning in April 2022
· Mentor a group of New Students
Students can apply by following this link!
If your students have any questions, we will be hosting three different callouts.
Callout #1: Thursday, January 20 @ 6:00pm (ET) in Lily 1105
Callout #2: Wednesday, January 26 @ 6:00pm (ET) in CL50 224
Callout #3: Thursday, February 10 @ 6:00pm (ET) in WTHR 200
Please note that these callouts are not required to be a Team Leader. If you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com with any questions and their staff will get them answered.
The event will be held the evening before EXPO (02/07/2022) and will focus on preparing students for EXPO with Mock Interviews and informal conversations.